Friday, August 17, 2012

I am venturing out.....

I have been wanting to learn how to needle tat.  So I started watching some videos and looking at patterns.  Decided it was time to order some needles and jump right in.  Well still waitting on needles since Hobby Lobby(had spot for it but was empty), Michael's or Hancock did not carry them.  Found a doll needle at Hancock, not sure what size it is and figured I could practice with that till my needles arrive sometime next week.  :( 
Anyhoo, I used this website for her simple flower pendant.  I did watch some videos on youtube on how to do the stitches and make a ring and how to make a chain.  I need to work on tension and really how to read the patterns.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I couldn't get the hang of needle tatting, so I tried shuttle tatting. I've been addicted for about 20 years. As long as you make something you love, does it really matter which tool you use? I look forward to seeing more of your tatting!

    ReplyDelete