Saturday, August 18, 2012

More tatting practice.........

Decided to do some more practice but went with a Tatted Ring for finger pattern.  Of course I am not using correct thread and needle size but I wanted to try a test run.  I did 1/2 of the ring pattern.  I am not sure if the incorrect thread and needle combo is what is making my picot become larger after I join.  I included the DOLL needle I am practicing with.  It is way to thick for thread I am using and the eye does make it a little hard to remove from needle.

2 comments:

  1. I understand what you're saying about the thread and needle size being important. I guess that's why I chose shuttle tatting. I can use any thread with any shuttle. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do think I will learn both shuttle & needle. I am getting impatient on waitting on my needles to get here. They are taking so long. I think I still have 4 more days before they arrive. I can pick up cheap shuttle at Hobby Lobby. :)

      Delete