Friday, August 24, 2012

Such a rainy day

It has been raining all day off and on.  A good day to stay in and do some tatting.  That is right my crochet friends, I really do think I have my new passion.  I received my needles and have been playing around.  I do not want to give up on shuttle tatting.  I think I would enjoy if I could just find my way of holding the dang thread to suit my needs.  With the needle I can basically hold the thread like I would with crochet, so things flow much better.  Decided today was the day to make something useful.  :)  So decided on a bookmark.  It is called Tatted Bookmark designed by Sandy Baker.  Spent half of the day working on it and finished.  There is a big ole boo boo but I pressed on determined to finish.  Someone suggested to tat a flower or butterfly and place on top.  A great idea!  So after I find a pretty one I really like, will do that.  Ok enough babbling here is the picture.

4 comments:

  1. Don't get hung up on how to hold your thread. Do what's comfortable for you. I hold my thread for tatting the same way I hold it for crochet, and it works great.

    I love your bookmark! I wish my first attempt had been that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will pursue shuttle tatting. I think being versitile between shuttle and needle would come in handy.

      Delete
  2. Great job, Jessica!!! I have some regular crochet projects to finish, but you're inspiring me to start tatting soon!!

    ReplyDelete